ANNOUNCED: Update to Australian Student Visas.
There was information released on 20 July 2020 that pertains to both Student Visa Applicants as well as Student Visa holders. The main points of the media release by DHA are:
1. The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
2. International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
3. Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
4. Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
5. Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
If you have any questions about these developments, please contact our team to assist you.
About The Author
Amber Halverson is a registered Australian migration agent at Worldwide Migration Partners. Amber specialises in the wide array of available Australian visa sub-classes, including employer-sponsored, general skilled migration, partner, parent, tourist and Australian citizenship applications.